Federal Programs & Funding
Opportunities to Support TDM
Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act (IIJA) aka Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), signed into law on November 15, 2021, reauthorizes federal surface transportation programs for the next five years. IIJA includes funding to rebuild and reinvest in our public transit infrastructure, and the safety of our transportation system and invest billions in TDM programs.
In addition to the continuation of formula funding programs like Congestion Mitigation & Air Quality (CMAQ) Program, IIJA provides funding through a wide range of competitive grant programs. Opportunities to apply for the grant programs are noticed by the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) through Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFO).
Click on the grant opportunity below for more information.
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program
- Carbon Reduction Program
- INFRA (known statutorily as the Nationally Significant Multimodal Freight & Highway Projects)
- Low or No Emission Vehicle Program (5339-c)
- National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program
- Rural Surface Transportation Grant (Rural)
- Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity Grant (RAISE)
- Transportation Alternatives Set-Aside from Surface Transportation Block Grant
Inflation Reduction Act
The Inflation Redcution Act (IRA) was signed into law in August 2022. The legislation is an expansive set of climate and health care initiatives that invests $369 billion in energy, climate, and justice over 10 years. TDM programs may see new opportunities for funding delivered through the IRA.