Looking Ahead: 2023 Chapter Activities
This year ACT chapters are focused on boosting member value at the local level. Chapters are moving forward with in-person and virtual events, scholarships, and programming that will connect members locally, boost engagement, and promote the benefits of membership to prospective members.
Much thanks go to the 50+ volunteer chapter leaders that take on the task of planning and coordinating these activities. These leaders meet every other month to network, share ideas and collaborate to strengthen and build chapter programming. Be on the lookout for the many events that will be making an appearance in 2023 such as:
- Next week, the Valley of the Sun Chapter presents our national webinar “Back to the Future of Transportation”.
- All chapters are gearing up to host local events during this year’s TDM Week, September 18-22,
- Some of our larger geographic chapters are exploring the opportunity to host micro events providing smaller, more intimate settings to gather together portions of their membership.
- The Cascade Chapter will host a Happy Hour in Oregon this May to network with Transportation Options Group of Oregon.
One focus for the chapters this year is building awareness of TDM within their communities. They’re looking at many ways to achieve this:
- The Midwest Chapter is aiming to create and release a series of one-page informational documents highlighting TDM programs in the Midwest to show others what TDM professionals are accomplishing in their backyard.
- Many chapters are planning to host workshops focused on compliance with local TDM ordinances that would introduce ACT members as resources for employers and developers. In addition, these workshops will help promote the many benefits associated with implementing required TDM strategies.
Overall, we have an exciting year ahead of us for chapters. Look out for more chapter updates and announcements on the chapter pages.