Mobility and Transportation Planner - Walker Consultants
Mobility and Transportation Planner
Work Location: Flexible - Proximity to a major airport is preferred. Open to remote for the right candidate; relocation is not required.
Employment Type: Full-time regular
**To be considered, please upload a cover letter with your resume.**
About This Opportunity
In this mid-level position, you will manage and conduct high-quality projects, primarily for higher education institutions, with the aim to continually improve service to our clients. This individual will consult on college and university projects in areas of concentration such as: transportation demand management, mobility and parking planning studies, mobility and parking programs and operations, operational assessments, and/or parking systems and technologies. This position reports to the National Director of Higher Ed Mobility Planning and is a national resource to the higher education mobility and transportation planning practice.
Why Work With Us?
We offer our employees more than just the basics. Our competitive advantage includes floating holidays that can be used when you want, opportunities to become an employee-owner, paid time to volunteer in your community on projects you’re passionate about, flexibility with hybrid and remote work, and the opportunity to contribute to research that advances our industry. Our firm is supportive of an entrepreneurial spirit, allowing our team to work on projects within our industry that you find personally exciting and fulfilling. As a skilled member of Walker Consultants, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented, and enthusiastic co-workers. Higher education is a national practice at Walker, so there is plenty of opportunity to travel.
About Walker Consultants
Walker Consultants is a financially stable, 100% employee-owned professional services firm that serves public- and private-sector clients by providing industry-leading transportation, transit, mobility, and parking planning-related services. We help provide access to and maintain the built environment. Because our firm is diverse in our services, well established, and sought after, we work on leading-edge projects that shape our communities. In addition to contributing in your area of subject matter, you have opportunities to learn and become involved in other areas of our practice. For every project, we develop creative strategies that put people first and are rooted in data aligned with overall goals for transportation, climate, and land use. We are focused on the future, and our plans and policies are shaped by technology, data, and infrastructure that maximize today’s investments for what’s next. You’ll have an opportunity to test ideas, help shape policy, and see your plans implemented.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Assist in the development of the project agreement and proposal.
- Establish, monitor, and implement project plan including budget, staffing requirements, and schedule.
- Manage activities of professional and support staff assigned to the project team.
- Coordinate the collection and detailed analysis of data pertinent to the project.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement activities, such as meetings, focus groups, forums, open houses, and surveys.
- Develop a well-written comprehensive plan or other information and deliverables to improve mobility and parking conditions.
- Develop implementation plans to support recommendations.
- Conduct and support business development activities and client maintenance.
- Maintain active affiliations with professional associations.
- Develop and deliver presentations and articles for professional associations and publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
Education Requirements: Accredited bachelor’s degree or higher in appropriate field of study.
- 5+ years of professional experience in urban or transportation planning, with a strong preference for higher education transportation and parking administration and/or consulting experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong technical writing background and experience developing and recruiting new business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally (up to 25%).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Accredited master’s degree in urban planning, transportation planning, or similar.
- Professional accreditations (e.g., CAPP, CPP, AICP, PTP, or TDM-CP).
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
*To be considered*, please submit the following:
1-2 work samples that highlight your skills, including a writing sample. Please do not exceed 10 MB.
Benefits provided by Walker Consultants
In addition to industry competitive compensation packages, Walker offers to its full-time employees, vacation retreats, tuition and licensure reimbursement, paid parental leave, 401(k) match, HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Base salary ranges from $75,000 to $140,000 annually, depending on experience. Total financial compensation resulting from performance bonus can significantly increase your earning potential. Walker Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.
Apply Here: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a42a12b3f29a028013f30b1f7ad507b&id=8a78859e86c423220186dbff8d374df6&source=&lang=en